Area(s) of Expertise: Immune Monitoring
Service(s): Vaccine Induced Immune Response
Client's Need: Develop assay to evaluate cell mediated immune responses to the HA antigens of trivalent influenza vaccine administered to healthy adults in a Phase I clinical trial.
Viracor Eurofins Solution:
- Proposed performing IFN-γ ELISpot assay using various flu peptides and lysates
- Designed and optimized ELISpot assay for cell number per well, concentration of antigens and whether to culture cryopreserved cells overnight before use in assay.
- Established criteria to determine vaccine induced responders
Viracor Eurofins Results:
- Clinical trial samples from 20 subjects at three time points per subject were tested
- Reduced assay variability by grouping subjects' time points on the same plate
- It was determined the client's vaccine induced a T-cell response in sufficient number of patients to warrant progression to Phase II