Commitment to Quality
At Viracor Eurofins, one of our core values is to improve relentlessly, remembering the patient in all that we do. We see each test as so much more than a specimen, and meeting minimal requirements isn’t good enough. This is why we commit ourselves and our testing to the highest quality standards to provide the most accurate results.
Viracor Eurofins is committed to providing the highest quality service to its clients in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as, organizational policies and ethical standards. Regulatory compliance is essential in successfully bringing diagnostic testing platforms and new therapeutic agents to the marketplace. Our quality assurance and compliance efforts go beyond those required of a typical clinical laboratory (CLIA-88 and HIPAA) to incorporate features of Good Clinical Practices, Good Clinical Laboratory Practices and other regulatory standards:
- Quality system compliance training for all laboratory staff
- Independent Quality Assurance Unit with dedicated internal auditing staff
- Experienced staff dedicated to the demanding environment of clinical trials testing and data management
- Secure archival of applicable records
- Computer system validation and security
Viracor Eurofins is committed to providing the highest quality service to its clients in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
In addition to holding accreditation with the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and certification with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Viracor Eurofins holds current licensure or permits required by state or local regulations.
Lab Bldg 1001 Rhode Island Clinical Laboratory License LCO00595
Lab Bldg 951 Rhode Island Clinical Laboratory License LCO01401
Viracor Eurofins is committed to compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Standards. Viracor Eurofins has implemented policies, processes, and procedures designed to ensure compliance with these standards which are continuously monitored and audited for effectiveness. Workforce HIPAA training is completed annually.
Attn: Privacy Officer
1001 NW Technology Drive
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
COMMITMENT TO CONFIDENTIALITY
Viracor Eurofins is required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 to maintain the privacy of your protected health information (PHI) and provide you with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices. Your PHI includes any information that identifies you and relates to your past, present or future health care or payment for your health care. This notice describes how we may use or disclose your PHI to provide you with treatment, obtain payment for our services, operate our laboratory, and perform other activities. It also describes your privacy and access rights with respect to your PHI.
HOW VIRACOR EUROFINS MAY USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
The information below describes how Viracor Eurofins may use or disclose your protected health information. If you have questions about any of the below uses and disclosures, contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198.
- For Treatment. We may use your PHI to provide you with clinical laboratory services. For example, our laboratory scientists will use your PHI to perform the laboratory tests you requested. We may share your PHI with health care professionals involved in your medical care. For example, we may share your test results with the physician who ordered your laboratory test.
- For Payment. We may use and disclose your PHI in order to obtain payment for our laboratory services. For example, we may share your PHI with your health plan in order to receive payment for performing a laboratory test.
- For Heath Care Operations. We may use and disclose medical information about you to operate our laboratory and provide our services. For example, we may use your PHI to evaluate the clinical performance of our laboratory scientists or to teach students entering the clinical laboratory sciences field.
- To Business Associates. We may share your PHI with business associates who use PHI to perform certain functions or activities on our behalf. For example, we may share your PHI with an outside billing company or collection agency who assists us in obtaining payment for our services. These business associates are required to maintain the privacy of your medical information. As of February 17, 2010, business associates are also directly responsible for compliance with federal security standards and certain provisions of the federal privacy law, to further ensure the protection of your PHI.
- To Persons Involved In Your Care or Payment for Your Care. Unless you object, we may disclose your PHI to people (such as a spouse, friend, or family member) who are involved in your care or payment for your care.
- As Required by Law. We will disclose your PHI when required to do so by federal, state or local law.
- For Public Heath Activities. When required by law, we may disclose your PHI to public health authorities so that they can perform certain public health activities, such as tracking the incidence of communicable diseases.
- For Abuse, Neglect & Domestic Violence. If we have reason to believe that you are a victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence, we may disclose your PHI to the proper government authority.
- For Health Oversight Activities. We may share your PHI with health oversight agencies that assure we are following certain laws in providing our services. For example, we may share your PHI with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services when it is certifying our laboratory or making sure we were paid properly for our services.
- For Judicial and Administrative Proceedings. We may disclose your PHI in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a proper subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process.
- For Law Enforcement Purposes. We may disclose your PHI for law enforcement purposes such as reporting certain types of wounds, responding to a court order or other legal process, identifying or locating suspects, witnesses, and missing persons; identifying a victim of a crime, or responding to a suspicious death, suspected crime on our premises or certain other emergency situations.
- To Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors. We may disclose PHI to a coroner, medical examiner or funeral director as may be necessary to identify a deceased person, determine the cause of death, or perform other legal duties.
- For Organ and Tissue Donation Purposes. We may disclose PHI to organizations that engage in organ donation and transplantation activities.
- For Research Purposes. We may use your PHI for research purposes if we have your permission, the information does not identify you, or an Independent Review Board finds that your permission is not necessary because certain other federally required protections have been met.
- To Avert A Serious Threat to Health or Safety. We may disclose your PHI to certain persons in order to prevent a serious threat to the health and safety of yourself or others.
- For Specialized Government Functions. We may disclose your PHI for specialized government functions, such as assisting in national security or protecting the President. In certain situations, we may disclose the PHI of military personnel and veterans to military authorities and disclose the PHI of inmates to correctional institutions or law enforcement personnel.
- For Workers’ Compensation Purposes. We may disclose your PHI for workers’ compensation purposes as appropriate under State workers’ compensation laws.
- Data Breach Notification. We may use or disclose your PHI to provide legally-required notices of unauthorized access, acquisition or disclosure of your PHI.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
- Before we use or disclose your PHI for any purpose other than those mentioned above, we will ask for your written authorization. Certain federal and state laws may limit the information we are allowed to disclose under your authorization. Uses and disclosures of your PHI for marketing require your authorization. You may revoke your authorization in writing at any time, except to the extent we have already relied upon it.
- To request an Authorization form, contact the Viracor Eurofins Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198; email PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com ; or send a written request to Viracor Eurofins, Attn: Privacy Officer, 1001 NW Technology Drive, Lee’s Summit, Missouri, 64086.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
- Right To Receive a Copy of this Notice. You have the right to receive a paper copy of this Notice even if you have already received it electronically. To receive a paper copy of this Notice, contact the Viracor Eurofins Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198; email PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com; or send a written request to Viracor Eurofins, Attn: Privacy Officer, 1001 NW Technology Drive, Lee’s Summit, Missouri, 64086.
- Right To Request Restrictions. You have the right to request that we restrict how your PHI is used or disclosed. For example, you may ask us not to share your PHI with a certain person or company. We will carefully consider your request, however we have the right to deny your request. We must agree to your request if the disclosure is to a health plan for purposes of payment or health care operations and the disclosure relates to a health care expense for which you have already paid. If we agree to your request, we will honor it except when the PHI is needed to provide you with emergency treatment. If you would like to request a restriction on how your PHI is used or disclosed, contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198 or at PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com. The Privacy Officer will provide you with our Restriction Request form.
- Right To Request “Confidential Communications”. You have the right to request that we contact you about your PHI at a specific address or in a specific time, place, or manner. We will grant all reasonable requests. If you would like to request a “confidential communication,” contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198 or at PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com. The Privacy Officer will provide you with our Confidential Communications Request form.
- Right To Access Your PHI. You have the right to inspect and receive copies of PHI that we use to make decisions about your care and payment for your care, or to designate another person to receive a copy of your PHI. As of February 17, 2010, you have the right to request an electronic copy of your PHI if it is maintained in an electronic health record (“EHR”). All requests to inspect or receive copies must be written and sent to:
Attn: Client Services
1001 NW Technology Drive
Lee’s Summit, Missouri 64086
- Right To Amend Your PHI. You have the right to request that we amend your PHI if you feel that it is inaccurate or incomplete. In certain circumstances, we are not required to grant your request. If we do not grant your request, we will provide you with the reasons why your request was denied. If you would like to request that your information be amended, contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198 or at PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com. The Privacy Officer will provide you with our Amendment Request form.
- Right To an “Accounting of Disclosures”. You have the right to receive a list of certain disclosures we have made of your protected health information. This list will not include disclosures we have made for treatment, payment, or health care operations purposes, or certain other types of disclosures. However, as of January 1, 2014, you will have the right to receive an accounting of all disclosures of your PHI made through an EHR. Requests for an accounting of disclosures through an EHR will only go back for three years. To request an Accounting of Disclosures, contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198 or at PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com. The Privacy Officer will provide you with our Request for Accounting of Disclosures form.
REVISIONS TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Notice and the right to make the new notice provisions effective for all PHI we maintain, regardless of when it was created or received. We will keep our current Notice posted on our website at https://www.Viracor-Eurofins.com, and we are required to follow the terms of the notice currently in effect. If you would like a paper copy of a revised notice contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198; email PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com; or send a request to Viracor Eurofins, Attn: Privacy Officer; 1001 NW Technology Drive, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with Viracor Eurofins or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with Viracor Eurofins, contact our Privacy Officer at 1-800-305-5198; email PrivacyOfficer@Viracor-Eurofins.com; or send a complaint to Viracor Eurofins, Attn: Privacy Officer; 1001 NW Technology Drive, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086. Viracor Eurofins will not retaliate against anyone filing a complaint.
Welcome to Viracor-Eurofins.com (the "Site"). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this Site. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The provision of information and services on this Site by the owners and operators of Viracor-Eurofins.com and their agents is subject to your agreement to the terms and conditions below.
1. Scope of These Terms
2. Disclaimer of Content
This site provides information about our company and its wholly owned subsidiaries, and the products and services offered by each of them, including diagnostic health testing and services, data analysis, clinical trials capabilities, employer health management solutions, and information about various health conditions. The clinical information contained within the "Retriever" section of our site is intended for the use of healthcare professionals. Healthcare professionals should exercise their own clinical judgment when using our content, tools or databases. Healthcare professionals should consult their own advisors when submitting claims for diagnostic testing services. Our website is not a source of authoritative billing, coverage or coding information, and each health plan and governmental payer will have its own billing and coverage guidelines.
If you are a patient or healthcare consumer, you should not use information found on this Site to replace a relationship with your physician or other healthcare professional and should not rely on that information as professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider concerning questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before starting, stopping or modifying any treatment or medication. In the case of a health emergency, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel. Never delay obtaining medical advice or disregard medical advice because of something you have or have not read on this site.
The information (including, without limitation, advice and recommendations) and services on this Site are intended solely as a general educational aid and are neither medical nor health care advice for any individual problem nor a substitute for medical or other professional advice and services from a qualified health care provider familiar with your medical history. Use of this Site does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Nothing contained in this Site is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment.
While Viracor Eurofins attempts to keep all the information on the Site up-to-date, medical treatment and knowledge change quickly, and this Site should not be considered error-free or as a comprehensive source of all information on a particular topic. Viracor Eurofins makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content of the Site, and assumes no responsibility for any consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based upon the information and material on this Site. Your use of the Site is subject to the additional disclaimers and caveats that may appear throughout these terms and conditions and the Viracor Eurofins Site. You assume the entire risk of loss in using this Site and materials contained in the Site.
Features and specifications of products or services described or depicted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice.
3. Copyright, Trademarks and other Intellectual Property
The entire contents of this Site are subject to copyright protection. You may not copy the contents of this Site, other than for non-commercial individual reference provided that all copyright or other proprietary notices are retained, and thereafter the contents may not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed. Except as expressly provided above, you may not otherwise copy, display, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any information, text or documents contained in this Site or any portion thereof in any electronic medium or in hard copy, or create any derivative work based on such images, text or documents, without the express written consent of Viracor Eurofins. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent or trademark of Viracor Eurofins, its affiliates or any third party.
All product names, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, are trademarks of Viracor Eurofins, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright law, trademark law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Please be advised that Viracor Eurofins actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. Use of intellectual property owned by Viracor Eurofins to recreate, replicate or attempt in any way to determine the structure or composition of a patented or proprietary assay ("Product") is strictly prohibited and may be considered patent infringement. Further, modifying the Product, creating derivatives thereof or improvements thereon, or use of Viracor Eurofins Products and test results to evaluate, validate or certify a competing assay, may also be considered patent infringement. Please contact Viracor Eurofins at 800-305-5198 with any questions regarding its patents, or visit www.uspto.gov for general information on patent and IP law policy.
4. Right to Change Terms and Conditions
Viracor Eurofins may, at any time and from time to time, change these terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon posting of the changed terms and conditions on the Site. You agree to review these terms and conditions periodically, and use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed.
5. Links to Other Sites
6. Links to This Site
We welcome links to this Site. You can link your site to ours using our suggested link copy, or create your own. However, we do not wish to be linked to or from any third-party web site or link which contains:
a. any information that misrepresents the nature of your relationship with our organization, or incorrect facts or data about our organization; or
b. any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law, regulation which may be damaging or detrimental to the activities, operations, credibility or integrity of Viracor Eurofins or its subsidiaries; or
c. any material or information of any kind, which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons; or
d. any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights.
We reserve the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to the web site, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the foregoing nature, at any time.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
VIRACOR EUROFINS AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ACCESS TO THIS SITE MAY BE INTERRUPTED AND INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS MAY NOT BE ERROR-FREE. NONE OF VIRAVOR EUROFINS, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE; THEY ALSO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE. ALL INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
You acknowledge and agree that the limitations set forth above are fundamental elements of this agreement and this site would not be provided to you absent such limitations.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
9. Ordered Products and Services
The order, purchase, and sale of any products from Viracor Eurofins, its affiliates, and/or their suppliers are subject to the terms and conditions contained in the applicable purchase order or written agreement between the parties (or, with respect to online orders via the Site, any applicable online purchase terms).
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Viracor Eurofins, its affiliates, and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, directors, agents, servants and representatives of each from any liability, loss, claim, suit, damage, and expense (including reasonable attorneys´ fees and expenses) related to (i) your violation of these terms and conditions and (ii) your use of any materials obtained by you from this Site.
11. Applicable Law
This Site is operated from our offices in the State of Missouri, U.S.A. These Terms and Conditions and the resolution of any dispute related to these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to any conflict of law provisions thereof. Any action related to these Terms and Conditions shall be brought only the state courts of and federal courts in the State of Missouri and all parties waive any objection to the personal jurisdiction of an venue in such courts.
This Site and its contents are intended to comply with the laws and regulations in the U.S. Although the information on this Site is accessible to users outside of the U.S., the information on the Site pertaining to Viracor Eurofins' and its affiliates’ products and services is intended for use only by residents of the U.S. Other countries may have laws, regulatory requirements and medical practices that differ from those in the U.S. Viracor Eurofins reserves the right to limit provision of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction and/or to limit the quantities or any products or services we provide. Any offer for any product or service made on this website is void where prohibited. Viracor Eurofins makes no representation that material on this site is appropriate or available for use outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
12. Contact Information
Viracor Eurofins is headquartered in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, in the United States of America.
1001 NW Technology Drive
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
Specific questions and comments should be directed to the appropriate department via our Contact page. We will make every effort to respond to all emails as quickly as possible.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. Any provision of these Terms and Conditions held invalid or unenforceable only in part or degree will remain in full force and effect to the extent not held invalid or unenforceable. The parties further agree to replace such invalid or unenforceable provision of these Terms and Conditions with a valid and enforceable provision that will achieve, to the extent possible, the economic, business and other purposes of such invalid or unenforceable provision.
14. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between you and Viracor Eurofins relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except by Viracor Eurofins as provided herein or through a written document signed by both parties.
Medicare Coverage of Laboratory Testing
1. Only those laboratory tests that are reasonable and necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of the patient will be covered by Medicare. A physician should carefully consider the medical need for each test ordered.
2. An individual who knowingly causes a false claim to be submitted to any of the Federal health care programs may be subject to civil, criminal, and administrative sanctions or remedies. The term “false claim” may encompass a variety of actions, including falsifying records, double-billing for items or services, submitting bills for services never performed or items never furnished, or knowingly or with deliberate disregard upcoding (billing for a more highly reimbursed service or product than the one provided).
3. Viracor Eurofins and client-customized panels should be billed to Medicare only when every component of the customized panel is medically necessary. Unless necessary for clinical or regulatory reasons, all tests may be ordered individually.
4. Medicare National Limitation Amounts for Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes are available through CMS or its contractors. Medicaid reimbursement will be equal to or less than the amount of Medicare reimbursement.
For reimbursement amounts for tests performed by Viracor Eurofins, please refer to the Medicare Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule.
Medicare Coverage Database:
The Medicare Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule:
5. Clients may contact Viracor Eurofins' Clinical Laboratory Director for information or questions about testing. The Clinical Laboratory Director is Michelle Altrich, PhD, HCLD who can be reached at MichelleAltrich@Viracor-Eurofins.com or by calling client services at 1-800-305-5198.
6. The American Medical Association CPT codes published on Viracor Eurofins Test Directory are provided for informational purposes only. The codes reflect our interpretation of CPT coding requirements based upon AMA guidelines published annually. CPT codes are provided only as guidance to assist clients with billing. We strongly recommend that clients confirm CPT codes with their Medicare administrative contractor, as requirements may differ. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party, and Viracor Eurofins assumes no responsibility for billing errors due to reliance on the CPT codes published.