As part of our continued commitment to providing you the highest quality lab services, Viracor Eurofins wanted to inform you that due to recent severe winter storms, FedEx experienced some substantial flight and sort disruptions at its Memphis and Indianapolis hubs, and therefore packages routed through these facilities are likely delayed.
Viracor is doing all we can within our control to prevent any specimen rejections; however, we wanted to make you aware that the FedEx delays may result in some specimens being rejected, with results showing as “Reject” or “Test Not Performed” (TNP). Please do not hesitate to reach out regarding testing concerns or considerations and we will work with you to do what we can.
During inclement weather, please make note of the following special instructions to ensure specimen integrity.
- Frozen specimens shipped must have adequate dry ice to ensure the specimen stays frozen until specimen is delivered. If possible, it is recommended to hold these specimens until regular shipping resumes.
- Freeze samples with 96 hour stability (serum and plasma must be spun down and separated prior to freezing).
- For the following live cell specimens which have a more limited stability, please be aware there is currently a higher potential for these specimens to be rejected due to late package delivery caused by the severe weather conditions:
• T cell Fx™
• Lymphocyte Stimulation
• Neutrophil Oxidative Burst
• Natural Killer Cell Function Assay
• CMV T Cell Immunity Panel
For additional information or questions, please call Client Services at (800) 305-5198.